Yesterday, Danyal put behind him a pretty amazing chapter in his life. He finished his A-levels (UK 18+ exams) aged 11.
So, he taught himself Mathematics mainly from YouTube videos, and, of course, last year he did his Physics A-level and got an A.
This morning we went for a run and discussed what he’ll do next with his life. He’s thinking about a combination of:
1. Play football up to 3 hours a day to see if he has a realistic chance of playing in the Premiership one day.
2. Try to get his squash to national-level.
3. Try to break the world record for 5km for an 11-year-old – he’d have to go damn intensive as he’ll turn 12 in 4 months.
4. Become damn good at coding – to start a tech startup.
5. Brush up his 6 languages – some have been very low priority in recent months due to exams.
6. Spend a lot of time loafing around with friends.
Now, all of this was possible because my wife and I just decided to TRY to homeschool our 3 kids 5 years ago. We just gave it a two-week TRIAL after which all of us loved it.
If we hadn’t TRIED he’d still be learning algebra at school.
You gotta try in life. And keep trying. Sure, trying usually gets you nowhere but if you keep at it, embrace it in every aspect of your life, it will eventually pay off in ways you never imagined possible.